Cavalor Tradition Mix Textured Horse Feed, 48.5 Lbs. (2-4 Week Lead Time) contains all of the necessary nutritional elements for a complete healthy horse feed. It is designed for horses at rest and recreational horses. The excellent quality of Cavalor® Tradition Mix allows for a very broad use of the feed (regardless of the type of horse). This all-round mix can be digested very easily which leads to a better conversion from feed to usable energy. It’s oat free mixture is great for digestion and even the pickiest eaters enjoy it. It is also a great base feed in boarding barns with horses that may have a variety of nutrition needs.
- Indication of Use: Tradition is administered in addition to plenty of hay and/or limited pasture and/or limited amount of raw stock. Horses at rest: per animal daily 0.5 to 0.7 kg per 100 kg live body weight. Horses engaged in restricted light work (4 to 6 hours per week, low level): per animal daily 0.6 to 0.8 kg per 100 kg live body weight. Horses engaged in regular light work (5 to 8 hours per week, medium level): per animal daily 0.7 to 1.0 kg per 100 kg live body weight.
- Balanced Blend of Vitamins and Minerals: Not only do we use a balanced blend of high quality vitamins and miner¬als, but we are always careful to use the most stable versions. While the vitamins we use are always in the most stable form, the minerals we use are always in the most absorbable form.
- Highest Quality of Ingredients: Cavalor leads the industry in delivering high quality ingredients in a form that ensures high availability to the horse. The large flaked corn and flaked barley are a stable & safe energy source with am¬ple viscosity to even the release from the stomach.
- Safe Starch Levels: Research has proven the safe level of starch for a horse in maintenance is <1.5g/kg of bodyweight per meal (proven safe even up to 2g/kg), and for sport horses the safe starch level is <2.5g/kg of body weight per meal.* Our barley and corn flakes utilize a unique European flak¬ing process to maximize digestibility while maintaining nutritional value.
- Low Molasses Content: We handle our ingredients carefully during the manu¬facturing process to eliminate all possible dust and we limit the amount of pellets in the feed. This allows us to use molasses to increase the palatability of a feed, rather than using it to hide dust.
Selection of the store only applies in the cart/checkout.