Cavalor Mash & Mix Textured Horse Feed, 33 Lbs. is an ideal formula for your horse after heavy work or during times of stress. The feed is light, easily digestible, and contains heat-treated nutritional elements (mainly wheat bran and linseed). It’s high-quality raw materials, vegetables, and herbs stimulate digestion. This mash helps your horse replenish lost fluids after intense efforts by way of added electrolytes. That is why Cavalor® Mash & Mix with MEGA ELECTROLYTE is a truly responsible reward after a heavy effort, during transport, and on hot and cold days.
- Indication for Use: Mix two quarts of Cavalor® Mash & Mix with 50% warm water. Cool for 15 minutes stirring occasionally to form a solid mash and serve. Quantity per 220 lbs. of body weight in addition to at least 16.5 lbs. of forage [hay]. Heavy exertion: max 0.6 lbs.
- Replenish Lost Electrolytes: Mash & Mix is perfect to give after your horse works to help him replenish his lost electrolytes. Electrolytes (salt + minerals) are produced by the body but take up to 2-3 days for the horse to naturally replenish. Give electrolytes just before and up to an hour after a heavy effort. Because horses can’t store them for later use, they must be used right away.
- Herbs to Stimulate Digestion: Horses are designed to be grazing throughout the day, and because modern horses are sometimes stalled, we must help support their consistent digestion throughout the day. Mash & Mix uses a variety of herbs to stimulate the digestive tract and increase the palatability of the Mash.
- Highly Digestible Ingredients: Mash & Mix uses puffed barley and corn. Puffed grains have an improved starch digestibility in the foregut of up to 85- 90%. These grains travel through the stomach and small intestine at a slower rate, allowing the digestive enzymes more time to act on the feed.
- Diverse Protein Sources: We use a variety of protein sources to create a more complete amino acids profile. There is protein in barley, wheat, corn flakes, oats and more. A broader amino acids profile is better for the horse’s digestive system and conversion into energy.