Blue Seal Hay Stretcher is a large pellet with a nutritional profile similar to grass hay, but slightly lower in fiber and higher in energy. It may be used to replace up to half the hay in the diet on a pound-for-pound basis. It is suitable for horses and other non-ruminants. Hay Stretcher is not fortified with vitamins or trace minerals and should not be used to replace grain in the diet.
Features and Benefits
- Fixed-Components Formula - Nutritional content and guaranteed analysis consistent with every bag, unlike the variability found in hay.
- Large Pelleted Form - The large pellet form slows consumption and promotes chewing and saliva production, thus reducing the potential for digestive upsets. The large form also helps prevent waste and is easy to handle.
- High Fiber/Low Starch - Hay Stretcher can be fed when hay quality is poor or when supplies are limited. Hay Stretcher can also be fed along with a grain ration when additional fiber and lower starch content is desired to help promote good digestive flow and function.
- High Palatability - Horses eat it readily.
- Less Dust Than Hay - Reduces dust and mold exposure to horses; especially beneficial for horses with allergies to hay.