Standlee Premium Orchard Grass Grab 'N Go Bales are formed by allowing Standlee forage to grow to the proper stage of maturity, cutting the plants, allowing them to sun-cure (dry) to an acceptable moisture level and baling the forage at the optimal time. Standlee Premium Products creates Grab & Go compressed bales of forage from a large 4’x4’x8’ bale that is put through a press, sliced horizontally, pushed onto a scale, weighed, compressed, banded and then shrink-wrapped. Orchard Grass forage is typically slightly higher in protein and calories compared to Timothy and can be moderate to high in sugar content.
- Natural forage length mimics grazing
- Moderate protein
- Lower calories than alfalfa or mixed forages
- Slow intake, stimulates chewing and minimizes digestive upset
- Convenient to handle and store
- Physical form allows visual inspection of quality and consistency
- Recommended For: Growing (slow to moderate growth), mature and overweight horses, horses with HYPP, performance horses, mares early in pregnancy and breeding stallions
Selection of the store only applies in the cart/checkout.